Fruit vs Candy pokies review
Fruit vs Candy pokies review
Microgaming, ever the compelling storyteller of historical battles, has brought the conflict between fruit and candy to your desktop and mobile in the way of a video slot. Scatters, free spins and bonus rounds plague the battlefield of this gory battle, so let’s take a look at what Fruit vs Candy online pokies has to offer before you jump in and play.
Where to play Fruit vs Candy online pokies
How to play Fruit vs Candy
Fruit vs Candy is a 5-reel slot that offers 243 ways to win. There are two modes that can easily be switched between, with bonuses, free spins, wilds and scatter symbols there helping push you through the battle. Low pay symbols compliment high paying fruit and gummy bears, while a goodie bag tantalises as you contemplate the competitors.
To start playing Fruit vs Candy for real money or for fun, sign up at any of the top-rated casino sites in our table above, then jump straight into the Fruit vs Candy slot and you could be on your way to a win of up to 1000 coins. Fruit vs Candy can also be played on desktop, mobile and tablet. It has bonus features including free spins and expanding reels.
Let’s take a look at the betting options for Fruit vs Candy.
- Minimum bet per spin – $0.30
- Maximum bet per spin – $45
- Scatter – Yes
- Wild – Yes
- Bonus rounds – Yes
- Free spins – Yes
- Jackpot – 1000 coins
Audio and graphics
Graphics aren’t normally Microgaming’s strong point, and Fruit vs Candy is no exception. It has a cute presentation with some slick animations and cheery music, but it’s fairly simple in design and execution. The graphics are bright and fun, but far from inspiring. It’s not that much effort hasn’t been put into it, more so that the theme itself doesn’t appear to have much room to grow into. Thankfully the gameplay features and bonuses make up for whatever Fruit vs Candy lacks on the presentation front, and the sparkly look of the candy and fruit may drag you in to keep playing until you unlock one of the illusive goodie bags.
Fruit vs Candy gameplay and bonus features
Fruit vs Candy is design in such a way as to offer two different versions of the same game. Don’t be fooled, though: the pay out exactly the same amount, regardless of the type of way you win. To switch between the two versions, all you need to do is select, “Play Fruit” or “Play Candy”. The wild symbol is the same across both modes, and it’s hard to miss in its multicoloured brightness. Let’s take a look at both game modes, and the different bonuses they offer.
- Candy Mode: Admit it – the Candy Mode is the first one you’re probably going to play. Look out for the high paying symbols, which are the fruity polo candy, jelly bean, boiled sweet, jelly baby, and lollipop. The J, Q, K, A and 10 make up the low-paying symbols.
- Bonus Mode: There’s a “Sweet” free spins bonus, which is triggered whenever you land three or more rainbow scatter symbols across the reels. In this bonus round, all candy acts as sticky symbols, freezing in place whenever landing. You can win up to 50 free spins during this mode, and it officially ends once all reels have been filled and there are no more sticky symbols.
- Candy Mode: Low value symbols are the same as in the Candy mode, while high value symbols are the cherry, pineapple, raspberry, orange, and kiwi fruit.
Additional Bonus Modes
- Sugar Rush Bonus: This can occur in both Fruit and Candy versions, and is random on a non-winning spin. High-value symbols pay a cash reward, while a single scatter during this mode will gift you the free spins bonus.
- Goodie Bag: Also occurs randomly on a non-winning spin, paying a guaranteed cash prize.
Where to play Fruit vs Candy
You can play Fruit vs Candy at many of our recommended sites, several of host Microgaming online slot software – just refer to our casino table above for a full list of our top-rated casinos. All venues are verified by industry watchdogs like eCOGRA, are safe and regulated for player deposits, and have hundreds more games on offer from Microgaming and other game developers.
The Final Verdict
Perhaps the only downfall here is that the presentation doesn’t quite compliment the potential for hilarity that a “Fruit vs Candy” concept possesses. Microgaming probably could have created something special here, but instead we end up with something fairly basic in design and functionality. There’s enough variety between the two versions to justify constantly switching between the two, just don’t expecting anything groundbreaking. The free spins bonus can get exciting, with up to 50 free spins on offer. Further, the random base game rewards on non-winning spins does a decent job of keeping exciting what is otherwise a very dull experience.
For more great online slot games, check out our online slots review page.