Online gambling in Delaware
Online gambling in Delaware
Delaware is one of the few states where many forms of gambling is legal.
When sports betting was banned in the United States in 1992 it did not apply to Delaware considering sports gambling was already legal in the state.
Casino gambling, live racing, poker, and even parlay NFL cards are legal in the state as well. There are also land based casinos in Delaware with no lack of betting action. Online gambling is also legal and there is no lack of betting sites to wager.
Sports Betting in Delaware
While sports betting is legal in Delaware there is a little wrinkle in it in that you can bet on the NFL in parlay cards having to make three picks. There are a few land-based casinos throughout the state where you can make these types of wages. However, there are so many more that can be made when betting online, which is legal in the state. On top of that Atlantic City in New Jersey is not far away and there are many sportsbooks at the casinos there. To bet on the NFL parlay cards Delaware residents have to be at least 21 years of age.
Online sportsbooks for Delaware
Considering that online gambling is legal in the state of Delaware, residents have a ton of options when it comes to picking a site to wager at. From betting on the major sports of football and basketball to the less popular betting ones such as volleyball and golf residents of Delaware can bet on any sport they want at the top sportsbooks online today.
Best online casinos for Americans
100% up to $1000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Casino Review
100% up to $3000
Visit Bovada Bovada Casino Review
Top RTG casino
Raging Bull Casino
350% deposit bonus + 50 free spins
Visit Raging Bull Raging Bull Casino Review
Online Slots Kings
200% up to $1000
Join Slots.lv Slots.lv Review
Vegas Slots Online
Slots of Vegas
400% Welcome + 55 Free Spins
Play Vegas Slots Slots of Vegas Review
Start your engines!
200% up to $2,000 Pokies & Poker Welcome Bonus!
Visit Ignition Ignition Casino Review
|We’re welcoming players to Ignition with a combined Pokies & Poker Welcome Bonus — our biggest ever. Get up to $3,000 when you make your first deposit with Bitcoin, or up to $2,000 when you deposit with a credit card. Full terms.|
Betting on horse racing in Delaware
Horse racing is legal in Delaware and there are some decent tracks to make bets. There are all types of horse racing bets to make at the tracks from the straight win and trifecta to pick six and win, place, show. At the Delaware Park racetrack there is thoroughbred racing and harness racing is available at Dover Downs as well as Harrington Raceway.
- Delaware Park – Delaware Park is the only racetrack in the state of Delaware that offers thoroughbred horse racing. They have Grade II races available for wagering such as Delaware Oaks. The track is open from April to November and there is a lot of betting action available there.
- Dover Downs – Dover Downs has live harness racing and has been hosting races since 1969. Some of the bigger harness races they host are the Classic Series, Matron Series, and Delaware Standard bred Breeders Fund. The track is open from October until April.
- Harrington Raceway – Harrington Raceway is one of the older race tracks in the United States and they have been hosting races since way back in 1946. They offer live harness racing Sunday to Thursday with a post time of 5:30. Harrington Raceway is open from August to October.
With online gambling legal in the state of Delaware there is no lack of racebooks to wager at. They have races from around the world so you can wager on horses no matter what time it is. Also, with online gambling legal you can shop around at the various racebooks in order to get the best odds for the bet that you are looking to make. The odds will not differ much, but why not get the best odds possible in order to get the highest payout if your horse or horses come in?
Online Poker in Delaware
Online poker is legal in Delaware and there are many sites to choose from. There is also poker at the land based casinos in the state, but it easier to find games online in what you want to play and the stakes you want to play at. WSOP.com is one of the biggest and best online poker sites and they also have satellites where players can win entry in the bigger live tournaments such as World Series of Poker events. Delaware has an agreement with Nevada in pooling players from the states since online poker is legal in both states.
Online Gambling Laws in Delaware
- In 1981 the Delaware Gaming Control Board was established in order to oversee gambling in the state in all forms. The name of the board was changed in 1986 to Division of Business And Professional Regulation.
- In 1992 sports betting was banned in the United States by federal legislation, but with the law on the books in Delaware it continued to be legal in the state. In 2009 Delaware took advantage of the status of the legality of sports betting in state law and not only further legalized sports gambling, but casino table games as well.
- In 2012 Delaware was the first state in America to regulate online poker.
- In 1933 the Delaware Racing Commission was established to legalize betting on horse races. The bill was passed in order to generate revenue, which was greatly needed at the time because of the Great Depression. 1935 saw the first licenses issued to racetracks for legal on-site betting on races. In 2013 the first racetrack casinos are licensed with the main three tracks of Delaware Park, Harrington’s Raceway and Dover Downs and are online using the same platform that is from 888.com.