Venues in Newcastle with pokies
Venues in Newcastle with pokies
Whether you’re visiting the Hunter for the delicious assortment of breakfast and lunch menus available along Darby Street, or enjoying the beautiful beaches, considered to be some of the best in Australia, Newcastle is an incredible destination. However, if you find you have nothing to do at night there’s plenty of venues you can visit to keep yourself entertained, many hosting an array of popular poker machines.
ALSO READ: AUSTRALIAN ONLINE CASINO SITES
Newcastle online pokies
Where to find pokies in Newcastle
There are a number of venues around Newcastle, which is situated about 2.5 hours drive from Sydney, where you can grab a beer or a drink and insert a dollar or two to try your luck at winning big. Whether you are after a pub, club, bowling club, or hotel (which can transform into a nightclub) we’ve got all the venues which host pokies below.
Alternatively, you can find online pokies games on your computer or mobile available 24/7 at the leading casino sites listed in the table above, all of which are licensed and regulated Internet venues which allow you to play for free fun before putting down real money.
The best bet for a large assortment of pokies is the leagues clubs which are situated all around Newcastle. There are over 2000 poker machines available across these Newcastle pokies venues, and we therefore recommend visiting the following leagues clubs for the best hospitality and variety in games.
It is important to note, if you happen to live in a 5km radius you will need to sign up to be a member – if you don’t you will need to be signed up by a member (if your entire group are all out-of-towners you can either sign up as a member (for a fee) or ask someone to sign you in).
What’s more these venues are open until early hours of the morning so if you’ve enjoyed a nice dinner at a pub or restaurant nearby only to have it shut, you can venture on down to these clubs.
- Wests: The Wests Group own a number of clubs around Newcastle including Wests New Lambton, Wests Mayfield, Wests Cardiff, and Wests City (formerly Newcastle Panthers). Our favourite venue of the lot is Wests New Lambton, which offers an assortment of pokies lining the floors (as with the others) and there’s free coffee and hot chocolate from the nearest vending machines or attendants while you play. There’s also a number of bars here including the prestigious Marble Bar and a delicious chocolate fountain you don’t want to miss
- Souths Rugby Leagues Club: Located in the suburb of Merewether, just a short walk from the beach, Souths Rugby Leagues Club offers an assortment of pokies lining the floors, as well as a Sports Bar and Entertainment Lounge
- Central Leagues Club: Located in the suburb of Charlestown you will find an abundance of poker machines here, as well as live bingo every Tuesday and Thursday at 11am.
There are over 920 pokies available across Newcastle pubs, so you will be able to find a venue easily – just be sure not to disturb the locals. While the list would be far too long if we named every pub or hotel offering pokies in Newcastle we have listed a few in popular suburbs so you can find one in walking distance.
- Mary Ellen – Merewether
- Burwood Inn – Merewether
- The Prince Hotel – Merewether
- The Junction Hotel – Merewether
- The Nags Head – Adamstown
- The Albion – Wickham
- The Greenroof – Hamilton
- The Exchange – Hamilton
- The Hamilton – Hamilton
- The Kent – Hamilton
- The Blackbutt – New Lambton
- The Duke Hotel – New Lambton
- The General Roberts – New Lambton
- Cambridge – Newcastle CBD
- The Lucky Hotel – Newcastle CBD
- The CBD – Newcastle CBD
- King Street Hotel – Newcastle CBD
- The Argyle House – Newcastle CBD
- Finnegans Hotel – Newcastle CBD
- Cricketers Arms Hotel – Cooks Hill
- Hotel Delaney – Cooks Hill
- The Crown and Anchor – Newcastle CBD
- The Mattara – Charlestown
- Town Hall Hotel – Waratah
- Warners Bay Hotel – Warners Bay
- Jewells Tavern – Jewells
- The Iron Horse Inn Hotel – Cardiff
- General Washington Hotel – Stockton
- Fire Station – Wallsend
- The Lemon Grove Hotel – Wallsend
- The Shaft – Elemorevale
If you feel like a bit of lawn bowls in between spinning the reels, bowling clubs in Newcastle are very popular and have a selection of pokies available.
- Bar Beach Bowling Club – Cooks Hill
- Lowlands Bowling Club – Cooks Hill
- Carrington Bowling Club – Carrington
- Merewether Bowling Club – Merewether
- Stockton Bowling Club – Stockton
- Adamstown Bowling Club – Adamstown
- Charlestown Bowling Club – Charlestown
- Redhead Bowling Club – Redhead
There are plenty more around Newcastle, and you can locate these with a simple Google search.
There aren’t as many RSL Clubs as there are bowling clubs but you will find them sprinkled
around Newcastle with a selection of pokies too.
- Waratah Mayfield RSL
- Cardiff RSL
- Adamstown RSL
- Newcastle Diggers
- Wallsend Diggers
Popular pokies in Newcastle
If you talk to the locals of ‘Newy’ you can bet your last dollar they will have a long list of pokies which they play on the regular. We have compiled some of the most common, including:
- Dracula – General Roberts
- More Chilli – Mary Ellen
- Where’s the Gold – Hotel Delaney