Alkemor’s Tower review
Alkemor’s Tower review
Released at the end of 2015, Alkemor’s Tower is the newest addition to the Slots3 line (series of 3D pokies from BetSoft), and transforms you into a world of magic where spells are cast to score some wins. But just how good the wins are, we’re here to find out.
Play Alkemor's Tower by BetSoft at top online casinos
100% up to $1000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Casino Review
100% up to $3000
Visit Bovada Bovada Casino Review
Online Slots Kings
200% up to $1000
Join Slots.lv Slots.lv Review
How to play Alkemor’s Tower
Alkemor’s Tower takes you to the wonderful realm of magic where we follow a Dumbledore-looking (from Harry Potter) wizard, though his name seems to be Alkemore – it does somewhat rhyme, so we’re sensing where the inspiration came from.
The exciting 243 Ways to Win format is implemented across the 5 reels, which are set on a backdrop of two staircases, one with a spell book at the bottom, and the other featuring the very animated Alkemor.
He turns to watch the reels spin each time you click or tap the button along the bottom of the game screen, and makes a few thoughtful grunts, claps, and even levitates on some winning spins.
When you start learning about all the symbols, you’ll soon realise this feels more like a real money video game than a 3D pokie – which makes it incredibly entertaining.
- Coin sizes: 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, and 1.00
- Maximum coins per spin: 150
- Maximum coins per line: 30
- Minimum bet per spin: $0.60
- Maximum bet per spin: $150
- Scatter: Yes (the standard spell books plus the spell book wrapped in green vines and the spell book covered with a tiny globe)
- Wild: Yes (two – the vine symbol and the black hole symbol)
- Bonus Round: Yes (Elemental Spells feature)
- Free spins: Yes (up to 15 on the Nature Floor and up to 15 on the Celestial Floor)
- Jackpot: 1750 coins
- RTP: 96.7%
The soundtrack is very mischievous with the occasional audio effect added as Alkemor levitates or casts a spell – you can mute the sounds via ‘options’ in the top left hand corner however.
Alkemor’s Tower symbol
There are eight standard symbols, each of which remarkably tie in with the theme. The lower value symbols include the scales and the scroll, with the top payout won here by scoring five scrolls. The middle value symbols include the mushroom, the bag of gems, and the blue encrusted ring, with the top payout won out of these symbols by spinning five rings.
The higher paying symbols include the stack of gold coins, the green crystal, and Alkemor himself, with the top payout of the higher paying symbols won by scoring five Alkemor symbols.
The payouts are dependant on your bet size, so choose your coin size and bet level then click ‘View Pays’ in the top right hand corner. There are a number of other important symbols here too, and it might get confusing due to our general format, but we will do our best to explain each function.
- Wild: There are two symbols functioning similarly to a Wild. First there is the Vine Wild which appears on reel 3 only and will ‘devour’ other symbols to complete a winning payline. The second is the Black Hole Wild, which appears on 2 and 4, and performs the same function. The Vine Wild is only active in the Nature Floor Free Spins, while the Black Hole Wild is only active in the Celestial Floor Free Spins. Neither are active in the base game.
- Scatter: There are three different symbols here which all contribute to the Scatter function of triggering free spins. First there is the standard spell book, which needs a combination of two plus another spell book either covered in a vine or covered in a tiny globe to trigger one of two Free Spins Floors (see below). The special spell books only appear on the middle reel.
Alkemor’s Tower bonus features
This is where the fun begins, with the title featuring some incredible bonuses.
There are two different Free Spins features, as follows:
- The Nature Floor Free Spins: Triggered by two standard spell books plus the spell book covered in vines, here you can receive from 10 to 15 free spins with the addition of new symbols and payouts (all plant-based symbols). The Vine Wild is also active here
- The Celestial Floor Free Spins: Triggered by two standard spell books plus the spell book covered with a tiny globe, here you can receive from 10 to 15 free spins with the addition of new symbols and payouts (all space symbols), plus the Black Hole Wild
But this isn’t it, there’s even more with another multi-level bonus feature.
The Elemental Spells feature
Players can trigger this feature by spinning two standard spell books on reels 1 and 2, and one of the four elemental symbols on reel 3.
The element you land will trigger its corresponding bonus level as follows:
- Water Elemental Spell – every spell book and elemental symbol will become a Wild, excluding spell books on reel 1 which turn into random symbols
- Earth Elemental Spell – every spell book and elemental symbol on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5 turn Wild and every other symbol is replaced by Cascading symbols
- Air Elemental Spell – every spell book and elemental symbol on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5 become Wild with all other symbols flying off the reels and rearranged into new positions
- Fire Elemental Spell – every spell book and elemental symbol on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 become Wild, after added Wilds are burned into the reels. Additionally, any spell books on reel 1 will turn into a random symbol
Payouts are then calculated after each transformation takes place, and obviously the more spell books on reels 3 and 4 the better these spell bonuses are.
Just by reading this review you can tell this is an incredible pokie – animated with bonus features set to entertain you for hours. We had a bit of trouble lining up the symbols to activate any bonus, since there’s so many rules to what reels they can appear on, which was a bit frustrating.
The first bonus we triggered was the Water Element Spell, which saw water flown across the reels – quite entertaining in itself – and a fairly good payout. The option to win two different types of free spins is exciting too but in the hour and a half we played we couldn’t trigger either, since there’s just one reel the two special spell books can appear on.
Overall, this jam-packed slot, or perhaps Alkemor himself, has cast a spell on us to keep coming back for more.
For more great online slot games, check out our online slots review page.