Electric Sam slots review
Electric Sam slots review
The development team at ELK Studios sure let their creative juices fly with this one, with a theme like no other; it’s fantasy meets cartoons meets glitzy gambling and the result is a quirky and fun online slot game with some exciting features.
Real money online Elk Studios casinos
How to play Electric Sam
When it comes to its theme, Electric Sam is as quirky as it gets. The titular character is a friendly troll who decides to turn a section of the forest into a bootleg casino, powered using multiple sources of homemade electrical connections. With the help of his wife the troll queen Sandra and their daughter Maggie, the troll family blaze up the fairy lights, neon signs and all kinds of electrical jazz in order to bring the bright lights of Vegas to the depth of this enchanted forest.
Electric Sam is a five reel online slot game with 243 ways to win and several bonus features including sticky wilds, imploding symbols, free spins and multipliers. Wagering details and game specifics for Electric Sam are as follows:
- Minimum coins per spin – $0.002
- Maximum coins per spin – $1.00
- Minimum bet per spin – $0.20
- Maximum bet per spin – $100.00
- Scatter – Yes (the bell symbol)
- Wild – Yes (the Electric Sam neon logo)
- Bonus rounds – No
- Free spins – Yes
- Jackpot – 200,000 coins
- RTP – 96.00%
ELK’s Electric Sam pokies also comes with the unique ‘betting strategies’ feature that allows you to customise your wagers further by employing the booster, leveller or jumping betting strategy. For further information about each of these options, check the menu section within the game.
Electric Sam gameplay and bonus features
If you’re used to playing pokies from more popular developers like Microgaming and NetEnt, you’ll instantly notice that Electric Sam’s wagering interface is a little different. Rather than just clicking up and down buttons to increase or decrease your wager, you click the bet button which will take you to a screen where you click the wager you wish to place. This is also where you can head to the ‘betting strategies’ tab to activate these additional wagering options.
Symbols in Electric Sam are made up of an eclectic mix of fantasy characters and classic fruit machine icons, so sitting amongst the trolls and the trees there are liberty bells, cherries, lemons, watermelons and lucky sevens. There aren’t any separate bonus games but plenty of bonus features:
- Wild symbol – you can’t miss the wild symbol, the brightly lit neon ‘Electric Sam Wild’ logo. The wild can substitute all other symbols to form a winning combination excluding the bell scatter symbol.
- Free spins – the bell symbol is the games scatter, an appearance of which will trigger the free spins bonus. Three bells over a winning line will trigger five free spins, four bells will trigger 10 free spins and five bells will trigger 15 free spins. The free spins round is important as this is where all the additional game bonuses come into play.
- Sticky wilds – if three or more of the Sam symbols appear during a free spin round, Sam turns electric and start buzzing with light, replacing one random symbol with a sticky wild to boost your chances of winning further during remaining free spins.
- Multipliers – if three or more Sandra symbols appear during free spins, multipliers are added to your spins. Multipliers are awarded increments of X2, X4, X6, X8 and X10, making each spin potentially lucrative.
- Imploding symbols – if three or more Maggie symbols appear during free spins a set of imploding symbols is activated. Maggie zaps away a chain of symbols to give way for new ones, adding more chances to win within the one spin.
Where to play Electric Sam
ELK Studios, the software developer responsible for Electric Sam, is an up and comer in the online casino industry and can only be found at a small selection of our recommended pokies sites.
We recommend Slots Million to play Electric Sam (and other ELK Studio pokies like The Lab, Taco Brothers and Champions Goal) for real money. Electric Sam is available at SlotsMillion.com on desktop and mobile devices (smartphones like iPhone and Android, tablets like iPad and Google Nexus, etc), with welcome bonuses available for new players.
OnlineCasinoSite verdict on Electric Sam
Electric Sam is a different game, that’s for sure; the best way to describe it is a kind of Shrek Goes to Vegas spin off. The fun, kooky theme is definitely a draw card and those special features that come into play during free spins turn an otherwise standard slot game into a thrilling affair.
With great graphics and vibrant gameplay, Electric Sam may be a little slow paced for some, and the absence of any additional bonus games is a bit of a bummer but all up if you’re looking for a pokies game with a difference this definitely gets our recommendation for a spin or ten.