Victoria is home to the beautiful city of Melbourne, where our beloved Crown Casino is situated. While we all know Victorians love a good wager, not everyone can make it to the land-based gaming establishment, even if they do live in the CBD.
Best online casinos accepting Australians
This is why our team has compiled a simple guide for Victorians who want to gamble online. Since we are using real money to play our favourite games on the Internet we want to be able to play safely and therefore we have put this aspect to the forefront when compiling this information.
Online gambling in Victoria
Gambling on the Internet in Victoria is 100% legal – provided it is at an online establishment located overseas. This is because Australian legislation, specifically the Interactive Gambling Act 2001, states that it is only illegal to operate an online casino in Australia which advertises to Australians. So while it is illegal to play at an Australian Internet casino, you wont actually be penalised for playing here despite being illegal, but the online operator will be when caught.
However, if you do choose to play at an Australian-based Internet casino, you may face a few problems including the Internet casino suddenly disappearing or not being able to access your winnings. This is why we advise strongly against playing at any casino claiming to be an Aussie site.
Getting back to playing at Internet casinos located in foreign countries, it’s important to understand regulation when it comes to what site you are playing at. To make it easier for Victorian players, we recommend playing at the many Internet casinos we suggest as they are trustworthy, reliable, and best of all they offer an amazing array of fair games created by top leading software providers.
There is also state-wide legislation known as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation, but this does not affect gambling online at Internet casinos, and instead focuses on offline gambling as well as online Australian bookmakers (you will notice most Aussie bookmakers don’t allow VIC residents to access their promotions and this is because of this state-wide legislation). Victorians playing at online casinos operating in foreign waters can, however, access their promotions legally.
Can Victorians safely bet online?
Our team have put in the hard yards and made sure each online casino is regulated by two important organisations. The first being a license from an advanced gaming jurisdiction such as Malta, Alderney, the UK Gambling Commission, Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Kahnawake.
Being licensed here means the online casino has been approved after undergoing an investigation that met high standards in terms of customer service and safety when gaming online. The second is a third party testing agency, such as eCOGRA, which is an independent auditing company responsible for monthly inspections of the Internet casino to ensure it doesn’t slack off after gaining the license. All of our suggested online casinos are regulated by these organisations.
If you aren’t going to play at our recommended online casinos, which you can easily access by following the links on our page, then make sure you do your research. This can be easily done by either reading player reviews on online casino forums found by using key words such as the casino’s title and ‘player reviews’.
Additionally, if you want to find out if an online casino is rogue do the same Google search with the key words ‘rogue’ or ‘blacklisted’, as many players will instantly share any poor experiences. This means Victorian players can be safe and not subjected to any foul play by fraudulent online operators.
Best Internet casinos for Victorians
In the casino table above, we have listed quite a few online casinos which we recommend to Victorian residents looking for a safe offline casino site to play at. They can be accessed by clicking (or tapping if playing on smartphones or tablets, which we will detail below) on our links above. These are our favourite because of their wide variety of games by some of the best online casino developers in the industry, and because of their reputation to offer excellent customer service.
What online casino games are available to Victorians?
VIC residents can access the same games as all Aussies can, but to be specific and ward off any hesitation which may be there due to not knowing what games are on offer, we have detailed them here. Available games across our recommended online casinos include:
- Table games: These include the popular blackjack, roulette, and baccarat titles, each with their own variations too; as well as the less common table games such as Pai Gow, Red Dog, Odd One In, Top Card Trumps, and more variations depending on the online casino.
- Slots: Just like land-based casinos, online gaming establishments are over-populated with every kind of pokies machine you can think of including video slots, 3D slots, progressives, mega spins, and even the classic fruit machines.
- Live dealer titles: Victorians after a real life casino experience should opt for live dealer titles, including live dealer blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and sometimes even keno and lottery games. They use a human dealer streamed directly to your screen and these live croupiers determine the result as a land-based venue would.
- Other games: A lot of our recommended Internet gaming establishments offer games which aren’t your generic casino games including arcade titles, scratch cards, sport simulation titles, and more. They also feature common ones which you find at different gambling venues, including keno, lottery, and bingo.
Each game can have the same title but be different in format or gameplay due to the varying software providers, so be sure to check the rules of the game prior to starting. Additionally, they all have a free-play mode which means you can try the games before making a deposit with real money.
Can Victorians play on a smartphone or tablet?
Victorian players who only use a smartphone or tablet to access the Internet will be happy to know they can still play many of their favourite games via this platform. Each of our recommended online casinos offer a mobile-friendly version of their Internet casino, with a selection of their games available that have been created to suit mobile devices.
While you may not get access to every single game available on a laptop, you can still access quite a few popular titles. Guts is our favourite mobile casino because it has quite a large mobile-friendly catalogue. It even has live dealer titles available to play on our portable devices, meaning we can take our own personal live human dealer wherever we want to.
Playing at online casinos in Victoria
To make it even easier for Victorian players, we have compiled a quick and basic overview of how to access, and play at, an Internet casino.
- Step one: Follow one of our links to one of the many online casinos we have listed. Take some time to check them all out as they all offer different bonuses and promotions as well as game variations with differing software providers.
- Step two: Download the software if available or play in the instant play mode which is via your browser. Some of our Internet casinos offer both, while some only offer the instant mode option, but the latter option is better for Mac users.
- Step three: Try out a few games, which will be located on their homepage or games lobby, and can be navigated to easily via their category panel. We suggest playing a few in free play mode to see if this Internet casino is for you.
- Step four: If so, sign up and make a deposit via the banking page. There are quite a number of options available for Victorians including credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, and pre-paid options. Once you have made your deposit, your funds will show up in the time associated with the method you have chosen.
- Step five: Play any games you wish, including the live dealer titles that can only be played in real money mode. If you win and want to withdraw go to the banking page again but this time choose the withdraw option and you will see your funds withdrawn to your chosen account in around 72 hours or less.
Victorians can also access the customer service options which include contacting representatives via email, phone, and live chat, in order to get help regarding any issue they may have.
Latest Australian casino news
Aussie gambler wins over $200k on pokies at Emu Casino
A pokies player from Australia has won over $200,000 over multiple games in an epic session at Emu Casino.
Second Gold Coast casino “unviable”, new report shows
A LEADING research company says the Gold Coast is not ready for a second casino and will make the industry unviable. Results from leading independent...
Farrell family profits jump as Tasmanian pokies monopoly nears end
The annual profit of the Farrell family, who have a monopoly over Tasmania’s poker machine licencing, almost doubled in the financial year. This provides an...
Kahuna Casino announces whopping live dealer winner
KAHUNA Casino might have only been around a few weeks, but it is already on the map by dishing up big winners. The Australian-friendly online...
NSW Government spends $850,000 on Jackie Chan film
What do people think of the NSW Community Development Fund, which was set up as a way of distributing unclaimed gambling prize money, being spent...
Latest online casino promos
Grab a 40% bonus up to $100 on Ladies’ Night at SlotsMillion
Find out how SlotsMillion.com's female players can scores a 40 per cent deposit bonus up to $100 every Monday night.
Pocket up to $500 bonus cash this Thursday at Joka Room
Want to boost your bankroll? Find out how you can score up to $500 bonus cash just by making a deposit at Joka Room this...
Play with real money for monthly rewards at Kahuna Casino
Find out how you can earn free chips, exclusive bonuses and other special prizes every month just by playing your favourite online casino games at...
Get on a Hot Streak and score cash rewards at Wild Casino
Play your favourite real money casino games at least five days a month to unlock bonus deals and cash prizes at Wild Casino.
Three new pokies on the way at Joka Room Casino
Members at Joka Room Casino can enjoy three new pokies games this week: Divine Dreams, The Great Pigsby and Fortune Pig.