When you’re ready to make a deposit at an online casino, many questions can flood your head, such as whether or not it is safe, whether your payment method will work, whether or not there is an easier way, and more. While we’re quite skilled in the art of depositing at online casinos, we have once been there too, but we weren’t lucky enough to have a helpful guide to walk us through each step. That’s why we have compiled all the information you need to know for many popular payment methods, as well cover any questions or issues which may arise throughout the process.
Best online casinos for safe real money deposits
Only deposit at regulated and reputable web casinos
Before we get into the step by step process of depositing, we want to include a little disclaimer. It’s incredibly important you only deposit at regulated and reputable Web casinos. We have quite a few which have met the high standards we require before entering our financial details and these leading sites are listed in the casino table above.
To tell if an Internet gaming establishment is regulated, you can follow any of our links of the listed web casinos, scroll to the bottom of their homepage and here you will find logos of advanced gaming jurisdictions, such as Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) and the UK Gambling Commission. You can do a background check of the licenses with a simple Google search (incredibly important if you’ve chosen to play elsewhere).
Additionally, a logo from eCOGRA is another great indication of a regulated web casino as eCOGRA ensures the casino is regularly reviewed, their games are fair, and their payment history is above average.
Payment services offered at our favourite online casino sites vary, but the most popular services are typically universally supported across all sites and recommended by us for deposits and withdrawals, and are the examples used below. To read more about them, click on the following links:
- General casino banking deposit and withdrawals
- MasterCard credit and debit cards
- Visa credit and debit cards
For our step by step depositing examples, we are using G’Day and Royal Vegas online casinos.
Depositing at G’Day online casino
G’Day is one of our top recommended casino sites. You can read our official review for G’Day casino for more information on what the site offers and the bonus offers available to players from your country.
We have included a basic step-by-step guide for each payment method available at G’Day online casino. Before we start, be sure you have signed up with G’Day using your real details (these are protected by the site’s modern encryption technology) and you are logged in. Once there, head to the ‘Deposit’ page by clicking on the link in the menu panel. It’s important to note this guide is for the desktop version, we will go into depositing via mobile devices below.
Choose which payment method you wish to use from the list below, enter the amount, choose any bonuses you wish to take advantage of and click ‘Next’ or ‘Submit’.
Credit and debit cards
Cards accepted to fund your G’Day account include Visa, MasterCard, and Maestro. You can also use these branded pre-paid cards here too, entering ‘Account Holder’ in the ‘Cardholder Name’ box.
- Step one: Fill out the required details including the name on the card; the card number, which is the number written across the front of the card; the expiry date, which is located on the front of the card under the number; and the CVV, which is the three digit code found on the back of the card.
- Step two: Click ‘Complete Purchase’ and provided you have enough funds in your account and that you filled out everything properly the funds will be processed accordingly.
If you have any problems with your funds going through, it could be due to your financial institution. Some banks, such as Citibank, do not allow gambling transactions and therefore your funds won’t be processed. Others charge a gambling transaction as an Advanced Rate so you will be charged a small fee. This comes down to your financial institution and not the card brand, such as Visa, or the online casino, such as G’Day.
POLi is an Australian only method which allows players to pretty much make a speedy bank transfer.
- Step one: Choose your bank account country, for example Australia, and click complete purchase.
- Step two: Select your bank from the list and click on ‘proceed with payment’.
- Step three: Once connected to your bank, enter your Internet banking details and log in.
- Step four: The details of G’Day online casino will be filled out for you, all you have to do is choose what account to transfer from as you would for any transfer you make with Internet banking.
Skrill is a great alternative when your payment method isn’t accepted. It is a popular e-Wallet which is linked to a personal account to fund your casino account.
- Step one: Enter your email address and password and press ‘Login’.
- Step two: If you have funded your Skrill account you will then be able to fund your G‘day account and press ‘complete purchase’ and your G’Day account will be funded.
- Step three: If you haven’t, you will be able to fund your Skrill via POLi without having to log in via the website.
- Step four: Complete the POLi payment process as above and your funds will be processed accordingly.
Neteller is another e-Wallet which tends to be preferred more so than Skrill, though both act in the same manner and are set up the same way.
- Step one: Enter your Account number and Secure ID and press ‘Login’.
- Step two: Press ‘Complete Purchase’ and your funds will be processed accordingly.
Ukash is a pre-paid service which you can buy at service stations and online so you don’t have to input personal information at the web casino.
- Step one: Enter Voucher code and the value.
- Step two: Press ‘Complete purchase’ and your funds will show up in your account provided you filled the voucher number and value in correctly.
Processing time generally is quite speedy with these methods, but can depend on external factors, such as your financial institution. If you have any trouble contact G’Day via their customer support.
Depositing at Royal Vegas web casino
Royal Vegas is a little bit different to G’day when it comes to depositing as there is a Flash and downloadable platform to play and deposit on. For the purpose of this tutorial, and since it suits both PC and Mac users, we are going to use the Flash platform, which has some differences when it comes to banking compared to G’Day, despite also being a Flash casino. These differences are minimal, but we have mentioned it to show you the process may vary across web casinos. Read our official review of Royal Vegas for more information.
Sign up and log into Royal Vegas by following our links. From here a pop up box will ask you if you want to ‘buy more credits’. Click ‘Yes’ to make a deposit and you will be taken to the banking page.
There are quite a number of payment methods at Royal Vegas, more so than at G’Day online casino all of which we managed to cover. We are going to touch on the most popular methods since there are so many, all the while showing how depositing can vary at different online casinos, though they generally follow the same concept.
Credit and debit cards
Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards are accepted while JCB credit and Maestro debit are accepted too. You can also use these brands if they are pre-paid cards too, just click the ‘Yes’ option next to the ‘Is this a Prepaid/Virtual card’ option.
- Step one: Pick whether you are depositing with a credit or debit card on the main banking page and click the ‘Deposit’ link next to the chosen payment option.
- Step two: Enter your details, and confirm your address associated with the card and your account, then press ‘Next’.
- Step three: Enter the amount you wish to deposit, click confirm, and your funds will be processed accordingly.
As mentioned above, Neteller is a popular e-Wallet used for gambling sites which you can easily set up and link with an array of payment methods.
- Step one: Click the ‘Deposit’ link next to the Neteller option.
- Step two: Enter your Account ID, your Secure ID, and the amount you wish to deposit, then press ‘Next’.
- Step three: You may be offered a special bonus for using Neteller at Royal Vegas which you can either take advantage of or skip.
- Step four: Your funds will then be processed provided you have entered the right details and have enough funds in your Neteller account.
Paysafecard is a popular prepaid payment method, similar to Ukash, where players do not have to enter personal and financial information.
- Step one: Click the ‘Deposit’ link next to the paysafecard option.
- Step two: Click on, or enter, the amount you wish to deposit and press ‘Next’.
- Step three: Enter your paysafecard pin, click ‘Yes’ to the terms and conditions, and then click ‘Pay’, for your funds to be processed.
Once you have completed your deposit click the ‘Update Casino’ prompt box back in the games lobby and you will be able to play in real money mode.
Depositing at a mobile casino on smartphones and tablets
Depositing on a portable device is incredibly simple regardless which mobile casino you are playing at and it is quite similar to depositing on a PC, but you are just entering details on a smaller device and tapping them in. Therefore we are going to give you a basic overview of how to deposit via your smartphone or tablet.
Another thing to note is that Royal Vegas is one of the only online casinos to have a native app, known as Regal Vegas, which you can download to your phone by following our links to the casino via your mobile browser, where you will be promoted to do so. You can bank easily on this app too.
- Step one: Tap our links via your mobile browser to go to one of the mobile casinos and log in.
- Step two: Tap on the ‘banking’ icon to be taken to an array of banking options.
- Step three: Tap on your preferred payment method and follow the prompts similar to the above methods, but tapping in your details instead of typing. Your funds will then be added to your account.
Mobile casinos have the same level of high security as their desktop counterparts, provided they are reputable casinos to begin with.
Latest Online Casino Banking News
Kindred Group to integrate Itsme mobile identification system
KINDRED Group will incorporate a Belgium Government-backed mobile identification system for the European country. The giant gambling company, formerly known as the Unibet Group, made...
Casino table deposit solution makes it easier for foreign players
ATM operator Stargroup has entered the casino industry with a range of new products, including a table deposit solution that accepts five different currencies.
Withdrawing cash from ACT’s gaming clubs is about to get harder
The ACT government is looking into ways to restrict the amount of money that can be withdrawn via eftpos at any club that offers electronic...
Users avoiding Macau’s new facial recognition ATMs
Just days after Macau introduced new facial recognition software to its ATMS, many of the cities popular cash points have been deserted, suggesting users are...
Macau ATMs add face recognition to curb money laundering
As part of Macau’s crackdown on corruption and money laundering, facial recognition technology will now be added to some of Macau’s ATMs. Macau, the world’s...