Ignition Casino review
Ignition Casino review
What kind of players is Ignition Casino suited to?
Ignition Casino was originally created to cater only to players from the United States, but it has since opened its doors to Australian players. As such, AUD and USD currency is supported, so the site only suits players from the aforementioned countries. Unfortunately, Ignition Casino does not accept players from the following US states: Delaware, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey and New York. Any players who have an existing online casino account with Bovada Poker before Ignition acquired it will need to make a new account at Ignition should they wish to play, as they cannot transfer them over.
New player welcome bonus at Ignition Casino
Ignition Casino offers up to $3,000 total in welcome bonuses for all new player sign-ups with no bonus code redemption required.
- Ignition Casino welcome bonus: Get 100% up to $1000 on your first deposit, which you can instantly collect and begin playing with on their online slots, table games and video poker catalogue.
- Ignition Poker welcome bonus: Get 100% up to $1,000 on your first deposit, which you can instantly use once you have downloaded Ignition’s special poker software to your computer – you can also earn Poker Points for added bonuses for the first 30 days of play.
- Ignition Bitcoin welcome bonus: For Bitcoin players, there is a special $2,000 welcome bonus for you which we’ve found to be uncommon at other sites – so it’s very much a welcome addition here. Using the bonus code ‘IGBITCOIN200’ at the cashier section during your first Bitcoin deposit, you can get a 200% match bonus up to $2,000, which is available to use instantly.
Wagering requirements for the casino welcome bonus offer is fairly standard; all accounts are subject to a 25X playthrough requirement before you can process a withdrawal of winnings or existing bonuses. All online slots and ‘speciality’ games at Ignition count 100% towards the wagering requirements, while table games and video poker titles count towards 60% of the rollover. Several games, such as baccarat, some variations of blackjack, and Sic Bo do not count for the playthrough requirement.
Like with the casino bonus, there is a standard 25X playthrough requirement for the Bitcoin bonus, though only Craps is excluded – every other game counts 100% towards clearing the Bitcoin welcome bonus’s playthrough requirement conditions.
We recommend taking the time to read through all the t&cs and always gamble responsibly.
Ignition Casino rewards program
Ignition has a fairly straightforward rewards program where all players can earn points just for playing their favourite games. Once enough points are accumulated, you can rise in the reward program’s ranks (Steel, Chrome, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Titanium, Diamond) for additional members-only benefits and bonuses. You can earn 1 Reward Point for every $1 you wager on online slot games at Ignition, and 1 Reward Point for every $4 you bet on all other casino games offered at Ignition (baccarat, blackjack, roulette, video poker and more). Some of the major benefits include:
- Monthly Bonus Draws: For every 10 reward points earned, get a ticket into a monthly draw to win one of four $500 cash prizes or the major $1,000 grand prize.
- Weekly Cash-Back Bonuses: Cashback on all losses, percentage available from Silver level and higher
- VIP Weekly Bonus Draws: If you are on Platinum, Titanium or Diamond Rewards levels, get an entry into exclusive VIP draws to win $1,000 cash every week.
- Bitcoin Casino Reload Bonus If you are on Chrome, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Titanium and Diamond Rewards level, get a bitcoin casino reload bonus every month.
Click on any of our links to head directly to Ignition online and check out the full list of benefits granted per membership level at Ignition Casino. Once again, be sure to read the t&cs.
Online slots and table games software at Ignition Casino
Ignition Casino has over 150 online real money games available for Australian and US players, instantly playable via no-download play in your device’s Web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox are recommended for the smoothest experience). You don’t have to download any special software to jump in and enjoy the highest-quality casino games from Rival Gaming, Real Time Gaming or Bodog Proprietary software.
- Slots: Over 103 slots and counting in all types of formats, including three-reel, five-reel, 3D, i-Slots, and progressive jackpot slots.
- Table Games: Over 22 table games and counting, including 8 blackjack variants, 2 baccarat variants, 4 roulette variants, 2 craps variants, Let It Ride, Pai Gow, Carribean Hold’em, Caribbean Stud Poker, Three Card Rummy, and Tri Card Poker.
- Speciality Games: Over 21 niche games and counting, including 11 bingo variants, 7 scratch cards, keno, and sudoku.
- Video Poker: Over 17 video poker games and counting, including Bonus Deuces, Bonus Poker, Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better and Joker Poker
We found the general selection of games software at Ignition to be essentially a sister site of sites with similar software (Slots.lv, for example) but the addition of the poker network (read our more detailed review on Ignition’s Poker section here) elevates Ignition Casino’s overall games value greatly.
Deposit options and withdrawal methods at Ignition Casino
Like many offshore online casinos catering specifically to Americans, Ignition seems to heavily push Bitcoin as their preferred player deposit and withdrawal method, with zero fees on transactions processed using the cryptocurrency. This is because conventional payment methods are banned from processing gambling transactions in the USA as per the UIGEA 2006 legislation and amendments which followed. Amex, Visa and MasterCard are still offered and more relevant for Australian players, but because Ignition only opened to AU players recently, we are yet to find out if they will be offering AU-specific deposit methods in the near future. The following deposit and withdrawal fees apply to all payments made at Ignition as of October 2016:
- Bitcoin: 100% free deposits and withdrawals
- Visa: 5.9%
- MasterCard: 7.9%
- Amex: 9.9%
- Rapid Transfer: $12 flat fee
Ignition Casino licensing, regulation and security
Ignition Casino caters to players in Australia and North America as an offshore-based online casino, meaning it does not adhere to local gambling laws. However, unlike many of the other sites we have reviewed here, we cannot seem to find any evidence of Ignition being licensed by a trusted regulator or advanced gaming jurisdiction. History has proven many of the Bodog offshoot casino brands have proven to be legitimate and trustworthy, especially going by player reviews across the Internet, but we can’t help but acknowledge its absence and we caution any players who might be unsure or new to the online casino scene to pick another site from our list of recommended venues. Ignition is certified by iTech Labs, which is an auditing and testing company – we will keep you updated when we find out more about its offshore licensing situation.