Drive: Multiplier Mayhem pokies review
Drive: Multiplier Mayhem pokies review
Drive: Multiplier Mayhem takes us to the streets for a real money drag race and while this real money pokies game has ticked all the boxes when it comes to an exciting theme, graphics, and effects, we are here to find out if it can get over the finish line with its gameplay features, too.
Best real money NetEnt pokies casinos
How to play Drive: Multiplier Mayhem
Drive: Multiplier Mayhem is a 5 reel and 15 payline title set in the back streets in the middle of the night with the bright lights of the city and the cars lighting up behind the three rows.
A cool little feature to the pokie is the car, positioned on the side of the reels, moves up and down while you play. Additionally, the graphics are beautifully crafted to create a stunning pokie – what we have come to expect from Net Entertainment.
- Coin sizes: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, and 0.50
- Maximum coins per spin: 150
- Minimum coins per line: 15
- Minimum bet per spin: $0.15
- Maximum bet per spin: $75
- Scatter: Yes (the shadows of three people, coloured purple)
- Wild: Yes (the Multiplier Wilds – these come with random multiplier amounts)
- Bonus symbol: Yes (Nitro symbols, only appear in Free Spins feature)
- Bonus round: Yes (Nitro Collect Metre)
- Free spins: Yes (Up to 10 with Multiplier Wilds and the chance to move up levels to race against opponents and win big)
- Jackpot: 750,000 coins
- RTP: 96.7%
The soundtrack seems more fitting to an alien-invasion type themed pokie, but it does create some suspense. You can mute the audio via the icon in the bottom left hand corner if you prefer your own background noise.
Additionally, Max Bet and Auto Play options are both available to speed gameplay up.
Drive: Multiplier Mayhem symbols
NetEnt must have had a mind blank when it came to filling the symbols on the reels as they’ve gone with the traditional symbols for the lower value symbols instead of car themed symbols.
Spin at least three 10, J, Q, K, or A, symbols to receive a payout of five coins, or a maximum of five for the top payout of 50 coins – usually a winning A combination pays higher than a winning 10 combination but not in this case.
The middle value symbols involve a car and an array of characters including a suspect guy in a hoodie called ‘Twitch’, another guy with a cigar called ‘Hamaki’, a tough looking guy called ‘Bruiser’, and a pink/purple headed female called ‘Jette’. You need at least three of the one symbol to score a winning payout with Twitch and Hamaki (five of either will score you 60 coins) paying the least, Bruiser and the car paying the middle amount (five of either will score you 90 coins), and Jette paying the most (five will score you 150 coins).
The Scatter symbol is the three shadows, coloured purple, and at least three activate the Free Spins feature.
The Wild symbol is the symbol with a multiplier value on an odometer and appear on reels 1-5, substituting for all symbols except the Scatter and Nitro symbols. The value of the multiplier is dependant on the reel it appears on. For example: A Wild symbol on reel 2 will have a 2x multiplier, while a Wild on reel 5 will have a 5x multiplier. If you score more than one Wild they will be multiplied by each other, for example a 2x multiplier and a 5x multiplier will give you a 10x multiplier.
- Bonus symbol:
The Bonus symbol is the Nitro symbol, which only appears in the Free Spins feature, and you need to collect these to activate the extra Bonus round.
Drive: Multiplier Mayhem bonus features
The bonus features are quite unique on Drive and incredibly generous if you manage to activate them.
- Free Spins: Spin at least three Scatter symbols to activate the Free Spins feature, where you will instantly be awarded 10 free spins. The Nitro Collect Metre will appear here for you to have the chance to activate the extra feature. What’s more, Wild Multipliers appear here too.
- Nitro Collect Metre: When the free spins commence, a Nitro Collect Metre will appear and you need to fill this to get to the next race level to verse a new opponent and receive more Multiplier Wilds and more free spins. To fill the metre, you just need to spin three Nitro symbols, and the earlier you spin them, the more spins and Wilds you will receive, as follows.
- Level one: 10 free spins with no guarantee of Wilds – Racing opponent: Twitch
- Level two: Four extra free spins with one Wild guaranteed – Racing opponent: Hamaki
- Level three: Three extra free spins with two Wilds guaranteed – Racing opponent: Bruiser
- Level four: Two extra free spins with three Wilds guaranteed – Racing opponent: Bruiser
Drive Multiplier Mayhem Touch
Net Entertainment have also released the pokie in their Touch series, meaning we can access Drive: Multiplier Mayhem via our smartphones and tablets. The best mobile devices to use for playing Drive and other NetEnt mobile-optimised pokies are:
- Apple iOS iPhone (all generations)
- Apple iOS iPad (all generations)
- Apple iOS iPod Touch (all generations)
- Google Nexus
- Samsung Galaxy (all generations of phones and tablets)
- Windows Phone (all generations)
The graphics aren’t on par with the desktop version – the car doesn’t bounce up and down – but there are lights and effects to make it still feel quite animated.
Additionally, we can’t help but feel NetEnt could make use of the screen space instead of jamming it into the top half of our Apple, Android or Windows devices.
As we mentioned above, we are quite impressed by the graphics, specifically on the desktop version. Even if you aren’t a car enthusiast, the animations keep you captivated – especially the electrical sparks on the car as you score a big win.
When it comes to the base game, we are somewhat disappointed as the payouts aren’t huge with the regular symbols and we are left to rely on the Wild Multipliers – however these are a welcome addition especially when more than one shows up in a winning combination.
The Free Spins feature on the other hand is incredible, and while it took some time to activate it, when we did the reels transformed and we were greeted to three Nitro symbols before the spins ran out, meaning we got a lot of additional free games. This happened twice and as such we scored a huge 2800-coin payout due to the guaranteed Multiplier Wilds appearing.
Overall, we recommend getting behind the reels of this pokie thanks to the Free Spins feature and captivating graphics from Net Entertainment.