Flowers: Christmas Edition pokies review
Flowers: Christmas Edition pokies review
Instead of releasing a brand new pokies game with a Christmas theme, Net Entertainment has released re-decorated versions of pre-existing slots, including Flowers: Christmas Edition. So while the reels are frosted over and some symbols have been decked out to suit the festivities, we are essentially reviewing the original Flowers.
Online NetEnt pokies casinos for Australians
How to play Flowers: Christmas Edition
The original, brightly-themed slot, Flowers, has been iced over and decorated appropriately for a white Christmas. The format is the same as the original, featuring 5 reels and 30 paylines, as is how to play, but the symbols have been snowed on and some even appear to look somewhat different.
- Coin sizes: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, and 0.50
- Minimum coins per spin: 30
- Maximum coins per spin: 150
- Minimum bet per spin: $0.30
- Maximum bet per spin: $75
- Scatter: Yes (smiling blue cloud with ‘Free Spin’ text)
- Wild: Yes (smiling snowflake with santa hat and ‘Wild’ text)
- Free spins: Yes (up to 30 with up to a 10x multiplier)
- Bonus Round: Yes (Double symbols and Stacked Wilds)
- Jackpot: 75,000 coins
- RTP: 96.4%
The original Flowers slot is meant to be fun and light-hearted and they have stuck with this ambience in the Christmas edition, especially via the stunning christmas graphics around the reels and the original sound effects upon each spin and win.
Flowers: Christmas Edition symbols
The traditional A, K, Q, and J symbols have been included again as the lower value symbols, each featuring a touch of snow to their exterior. The maximum you can spin with these symbols is 200 coins, done so via five A symbols.
The middle value symbols are the flowers, which have also been covered in snow (how they’ve survived we have no idea). The maximum available amount to win on these symbols is 2000 coins, but you do need to spin 10.
This isn’t hard though as there are single and double symbols available. So if you get a single red flower on reel 1, 2, and 3 and a double red flower on reel 4, you’ve landed a five-of-a-kind combination.
- Wild symbol: The Wild symbol is a little smiling snowflake – quite different to the smiling sun in the original version – and this symbol substitutes for every symbol except the Scatter and the Double symbols. They can also appear on the reels as stacked, and if you manage to spin five Wild symbols you win 5000 coins. Wilds do not appear doubled.
- Scatter symbol: The Scatter symbol is the smiling, wintery clouds with the text ‘Free Spins’. These trigger the Free Spins bonus and can appear doubled in the Base Game and Free Spins feature – meaning it is easier to activate.
There aren’t many bonus features to Flowers: Christmas Edition, but there are as many as the original version – and they’re exactly the same.
Free Spins feature
There are up to eight Scatter symbols available due to the inclusion of the single and the double Scatter.
As such there are a huge amount of free spins on offer with varying multipliers both dependant on the number of Scatter symbols you spin, as follows;
- Four Scatters – 10 free spins with a 2x multiplier
- Five Scatters – 15 free spins with a 2x multiplier
- Six Scatters – 20 free spins with a 2x multiplier
- Seven Scatters – 25 free spins with a 4x multiplier
- Eight Scatters – 30 free spins with a 10x multiplier
You can also re-trigger free spins during the Free Spins feature via single and double Scatters.
Our perspective has been quite clear throughout this review – Flowers: Christmas Edition is exactly the same as the original Flowers, it just features a Christmas theme.
We aren’t overly angry at this as Flowers is quite a generous slot, specifically with the payout rate and the number of Free Spins on offer, but it would’ve been nice if they could’ve included another bonus feature to change things up a bit.
Net Entertainment have optimised a large range of their slot machines for smartphones and tablets (Apple, Windows, Android, and other branded devices) including Flowers: the Christmas Edition. We thought this may have given the festive edition an edge, but the original Flowers is also available on the HTML5 platform.
The theme is executed well, besides the weird fact the flowers survived the snow, and it is fun to play themed slots during the festive season, but overall we are a little disappointed there isn’t something new here.
If you feel like getting in the Christmas spirit, however, and enjoy the original Flowers this is worth a spin.