Frankenslot’s Monster pokie review
Frankenslot’s Monster pokie review
BetSoft is the leading software developer when it comes to unique 3D pokies, which is why we were so eager to review their game, Frankenslot’s Monster.
3D BetSoft pokies casinos
100% up to $1000
Visit BetOnline BetOnline Casino Review
100% up to $3000
Visit Bovada Bovada Casino Review
Online Slots Kings
200% up to $1000
Join Slots.lv Slots.lv Review
Released in April 2016, this pokie clearly takes inspiration from Mary Shelley’s favourite monster, Frankenstein, and since it is part of the Slots3 line, graphically we are expecting great things.
How to play Frankenslot’s Monster
Featuring 20 paylines across 5 reels, BetSoft have stuck with their usual format and layout with Frankenslot’s Monster, as the reels are placed on top of a unique setting – this time an underground lab. The characters, including what looks to be Victor Frankenstein, are situated besides the reels where the monster is tied to a vertical table.
There is a playful feel to the graphics, which does seem to branch away from the Gothic genre the book offers – perhaps a feel BetSoft prefer to avoid, instead keeping things light. They have been crafted incredibly well however, utilising 3D technology to really capture and immerse the player – even the graphics surrounding the bet size and spin button have been designed to fit in with the theme.
- Coin sizes: 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, and 1.00
- Maximum coins per spin: 100
- Maximum coins per line: 5
- Minimum bet per spin: $0.40
- Maximum bet per spin: $100
- Scatter: Yes (featuring the blue dripping ‘Scatter’ text)
- Wild: Yes (featuring the electrifying yellow ‘Wild’ text)
- Bonus symbol: Yes (featuring the yellow ‘Bonus’ text)
- Bonus features: Yes (Extra Bonus Round and a Double Up feature)
- Free spins: Yes (eight free spins, eligible to be re-triggered)
- Jackpot: 1000 coins
- RTP: 96.8%
The audio is suspenseful and ties in well with the theme, plus regular grunts coming from the monster and thoughtful sighs from his creator – you can mute this via the ‘options’ button in the top left hand corner however.
Frankenslot’s Monster symbols
The traditional 10, J, Q, K, and A symbols have been used to represent the lower value symbols, with the maximum amount available to win set at 100 coins by scoring five A symbols.
The middle value symbols include a scary looking light with bolts of energy coming out of it, an eye in a jar, and the moon peeking out from behind some clouds, with the top payout of these symbols set at 300 coins by scoring five moons.
The highest paying symbols include who we believe to be Victor (the mad-scientist looking character) and Frankenstein (the monster). The highest payout here is 500 coins, available by scoring five Frankenstein symbols.
You can view the rest of the payouts by clicking the ‘view pays’ button in the top right hand corner, but be sure to keep an eye out for the following symbols too.
- Wild: The Wild symbol features the text ‘Wild’ and features electrocuting symbols around the edge (proving BetSoft really do go into detail with their graphics). It substitutes for all symbols except the Scatter and Bonus symbols to complete winning paylines. Additionally, five will score you a big payout of 1000 coins – three will score you 200 coins, and four will score you 500 coins.
- Scatter: The Scatter symbol features the blue text which reads ‘Scatter’ and at least three triggers the Free Spins feature. The Scatter can only appear on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- Bonus symbol: The Bonus symbol is the symbol which reads ‘Bonus’ in dark yellow and at least three triggers the extra Bonus round. The Bonus symbol only appears on reels 1, 3 and 5 however.
Frankenslot’s Monster in-game features
There are a number of bonus features to BetSoft’s pokies including free spins, the chance to double your winnings, and more.
Free Spins: Land at least three Scatter symbols and you will earn eight free spins. On every spin, between one and three random symbols will turn Wild. What’s more you can re-trigger the Free Spins feature and earn an additional eight free spins.
- Bonus Round: The extra Bonus round is triggered by landing at least three Bonus symbols. Here, you will be able to adjust the settings to shock the monster and earn up to 25x your bet.
- Double Up:BetSoft regularly include the Gamble feature, disguised as an extra bonus feature. Here it is called the Double Up feature and a window will appear where you can pick heads or tails to double your bet. Be careful though – if you lose, you will lose your winnings from that spin.
BetSoft always deliver when it comes to the themes, though they could mix things up a bit by placing the reels and their characters in different positions – or even opting for a ways to win format instead of paylines.
The features aren’t overly impressive – the bonus round is with up to 25x your bet available to be won, but just eight free spins for the Free Spins feature is a bit disappointing. While you can re-trigger, we didn’t manage to – but the extra Wilds are a great addition.
We wouldn’t count the Double Up as a Bonus round as it is simply the Gamble feature, which we advise avoiding unless you want to risk your winnings.
Where to play Frankenslot’s Monster
Apple, Android, Windows and other smartphone and tablet users can play Frankenslot’s Monster on their portable device. The title has been optimised for HTML5, meaning it is compatible with mobile devices and you can access it at the mobile versions of our recommended online casinos.