Tower Quest review
Tower Quest review
Dragons, castles, wizards, magic potions, goblins. If you’re looking for a pokies game that embodies the classic fantasy genre then look no further than Play’n Go’s Tower Quest.
Play Tower Quest at these online casinos
While there’s no shortage of fantasy themed slot games online, the addition of a couple of potentially lucrative and entertaining bonus features makes Tower Quest superior to the competition, with graphics masterfully embodying the classic dungeons and dragons fantasy style.
How to play Tower Quest
Tower Quest is a five reel pokies with 20 fixed pay lines, which means the number of active paylines can’t be changed. Players have full control over the coin size and number of coins bet per spin, with an auto-play option that allows you to play up to 50 spins without having to move a muscle. The game opens with an animated video intro to set the scene, with a stealth soundtrack continuing to add to the ambience.
Wagering details and game specifics for Tower Quest are as follows:
- Minimum coins per spin – one
- Maximum coins per spin – five
- Minimum bet per spin – $0.20
- Maximum bet per spin – $100.00
- Scatter – Yes (the red and blue flasks and the purple wizard)
- Wild – Yes (the tower symbol)
- Bonus rounds – Yes (the Red Flash bonus round)
- Free spins – Yes (the Blue Flask bonus round)
- Jackpot – $50,000
- RTP – 96.24%
Play’n Go have optimised Tower Quest for mobile, so it can also be played on your smartphone or tablet for real money wagers.
Tower Quest gameplay and bonus features
The reels of Tower Quest are made up of creative fantasy characters and objects along with mystically designed A, K, Q and J symbols. Wins will activate animations, with symbols coming to life to keep the game as entertaining as possible. The real highlight of Tower Quest is the sweet bonus features on offer:
- Wild symbol
The games wild is the stacked dark tower symbol. It can substitute all symbols except for the scatter and bonus symbols.
- Scatter symbol
There are three scatter symbols within Tower Quest; the blue potion bottle, the red potion bottle and the purple evil wizard. Landing on a potion symbol will contribute to the two level indicators on the side of the reels, activating the bonus rounds when filled up. Landing three of the purple wizard symbols across an active payline will trigger the wizard bonus.
- The Evil Wizard bonus game –
When the evil wizard bonus is triggered, you’ll be taken to a bonus screen where your mission is to beat the wizard at a card game. The game is played by rolling dice in order to choose which cards to play. Your cards are then compared to the wizard’s cards and if you have the better hand (with the value of cards based on health value vs attack value), you’ll win a multiplier of the current bet in play.
- The Blue Flask free spins bonus
For every blue potion flask you land on the reels, the level indicator on the side of the screen begins to rise. For every five blue flasks you collect you’ll activate one of three different bonus features, which you can manually select by clicking the button on the indicator:
- Level 1:The Tower – collect five blue flasks to receive one free spin with reel three completely wild. All wins are multiplied by two.
- Level 2: Battle of the Wilds – collect ten blue flasks to receive one free spin where all the highest paying symbols on the screen turn wild for the duration of the spin.
- Level 3: Towers of Dark Power – collect 25 blue flasks and receive one free spin where reels one, three and five are all wild for the duration of the spin.
- The Red Flask bonus round
Similar to the blue flask bonus, for every ten red flask potions you land, the red level indicator will increase until you choose to collect one of the three bonuses:
- Level 1: Empowered Wilds – collect ten red flasks to receive five free spins with all wins multiplied by three.
- Level 2: Wild Adventures – collect 20 red flasks to receive five free spins with the two highest paying symbols acting as wilds.
- Level 3: Everburning Wilds – collect 30 red flasks to receive five free spins with a sticky wild added to the reels at the start of each spin.
Where to play Tower Quest using real money
Despite having some fantastic pokies under its belt, games by software provider Play’n Go aren’t as widespread as bigger brands like Microgaming or NetEnt, so games are a little more difficult to come across. Luckily a couple of our favourite online casinos offer a range of Play’n Go slot titles, along with Tower Quest which can be played for free in demo mode or for real money bets at these reputable sites, as well as the top-rated casinos listed in our table above:
Both Guts and Slots Million offer great welcome bonuses for new players, so follow our links to take advantage of any specials on offer. Each of these sites use SSL digital encryption security to ensure players personal details and financial information is protected at all times.
OnlineCasinoSite’s verdict on Tower Quest
Whether or not you like Tower Quest will really depend on your personal attraction to the fantasy genre. If you’re a fan of dungeons and dragons in the genuine old-school style, then Tower Quest will have you frothing for more. Those who don’t dig this style may find it a little antiquated, despite the level of details used by Play’n Go, that’s just the nature of the fantasy genre, it seems to be either love or hate.
Regardless of your personal preferences, Tower Quest is a really well designed pokies game and the addition of the red and blue flask bonus features add a huge element of entertainment, making this game stand out from the other fantasy themed pokies out there.
For more great online slot games, check out our online slots review page.